- The theory of Constraints
- Lean production (Toyota Production System)
- Total Quality Management
- the first way helps to understand how to create a fast flow of work from Development to IT Operations (because that's what's between the business and the customers)
- the second way shows how to shorten and amplify feedback loops, so to fix quality at the source and avoid rework.
- the third way shows how to create a culture to foster experimentation, learning from failure, understanding that repetition and practice are prerequisites to mastery.
- business projects
- internal IT projects
- unplanned work
Merging two operations in a single machine. This can be applied in a situation when you do regression on a bunch of commits all together before deploy or reject some functionalities all together. But if you test and release one functionality at a time, you have achieved a single-piece flow.