lunedì 2 dicembre 2013

Books for fun; to go beyond the conventional wisdom; to read about the accounts of a clever, brave person, who teaches from own experiences (mark: 9.5 out of 10)

Books for fun; to go beyond the conventional wisdom; to read about the accounts of a clever, brave person, who teaches from own experiences The upgrade (A cautionary tale of a life without reservation) By Paul Carr

From the first page I noticed how clever Paul Carr is: he is able to exploit his brain to analyse how is life, he is not crawling and wandering himself through the life as it is, he makes a (successful) effort to choose what he wants and what he wants to change.
Then I like so much the book because it is full of experience I'd never had the braveness to live, so by confronting myself and my life with his experiences I can understand better what I want from my life, how I want to live.
A reason more to read it is its funniness: I've read about anomalous situations where Paul was able to behave himself through thanks to clever and amusing and willing solutions, not a bunch of adventures of an idiot.
And even when he shows how stupid he was in some experiences and decisions, he points out quickly the reason of its mistakes. It's astonishingly well written, I could read it quickly because it is clear, every sentence deliver its meaning plainfully, wittingly, precisely.
What I don't like is that this book mainly teaches how to be a loser, not how to be a winner.
Then, few pages for the end, Paul reveals the secret to reach the success in everything you want to accomplish in life. Worth reading.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Archivio blog